Monday, February 9, 2026

Poem: From You I Will Take Comfort


From You I Will Take Comfort

From you I will take comfort
When things are not going well
And others seem to jeer at me
For whatever reason that they want,
Never understanding who I am.

From you I will take comfort
In the sweetness of your love,
The desire to please just me
With whatever thing that you want,
Fully understanding who I am.

August 2024

About This Poem
This poem is about friendship and for me, this is about my wife. As far as explanation, I don't think it needs anymore. The photo is roses in our yard, a bush that I transplanted from my late mother-in-law's home when she moved into assistive living. It has flourished here in Potlatch after the long uprooting from Toppenish, Washington. It has also split into two when I transplanted it again after building our garage. I see my wife in these roses.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: Autumn Commotion

Autumn Commotion From sunshine we are bereft of the warmth As through the eaves you hear the commotion Endlessly moaning, the sounds of the ...