Monday, January 5, 2026

Poem: Being A Kid

Being a Kid

The important thing about being a kid
is running in the field,
riding horses,
throwing rocks at my brother,
swimming in the river,
pretending I didn’t hear mom say, “Brian, come home!”
and playing in the treehouse.

What’s important about taking a bath?

November 1987

About This Poem
I wrote this years ago and I can't remember what inspired it. And even though I used my name in it, I don't think it was actually about me but just a kid of any sort who didn't want to take a bath. It's like not wanting to go to bed. The picture is, however, me as a kid.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: Autumn Commotion

Autumn Commotion From sunshine we are bereft of the warmth As through the eaves you hear the commotion Endlessly moaning, the sounds of the ...