You Aren’t Alone
Sitting at the table in the morning
Trying to get myself in gear
Seems like the story of my life,
The pressures I put upon myself
To do things, to be better
And then to languish under
The weight of lethargy and lust
For something better that I don’t
Work too hard toward.
I know success is measured
In increments and that I
Have been very successful,
But sometimes, in the morning,
I just want to go back to bed
And forget everything but
The sweet rest of slumber
That, alas, will come permanently
All too soon. So, I gather myself
And write something for you
So you understand you aren’t alone.
September 2024
About This Poem
I write some sort of poem every morning and more often than not, I feel uninspired. This is a poem about just that, but it oddly turned out to be a bit inspiring so I thought I should share it. Sometimes daily life isn't overly inspiring, yet by carrying on we create beautiful spaces that wouldn't be there if we just went back to bed and did nothing. Even the most mundane things work together for something bigger than ourselves so we must carry on. The photo is an isolated Adirondack chair on Slocan Lake in New Denver, British Columbia this past summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment