I Let the Music Envelop Me
I let the music envelop me
As the instruments play beauty
I let myself become that song
Floating over the hills and over
The waters like a gentle breeze
Rustling a leaf here or there
Moved by the music I bring
Through nothing more than
Being. I desire no pain, no
Destruction of anything, just
Calming in my melodic presence
Sharing the beauty and peace
Of the wishes of my composer.
I desire no competition with
Any other, but, alas, some
Will wish it so, to be equal
To me or even better and
As the song I will sometimes
Become frenzied, wild even
With aching and longing
Beyond my natural desire
To glide calmly over hills and waters.
January 2025
About This Poem
I wrote this poem in response to my love of classical music and music in general. Classical music always seems to take me away and it is more than just background noise. It also encompasses so much emotion always. The photo is of me singing in a choir at Oxford, I believe in Exeter College chapel (but I'm not certain). I'm the guy in the middle with the strange reflection crossing my face and to the right is Randy Gutwein and Dennis Kaye.
No comments:
Post a Comment