Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Poem: Minimalist Enough


Minimalist Enough

My
pen
writes
words
that
sometimes
mean
something
to
me
and/
or
others
and
sometimes
(maybe
now?)
they
mean
absolutely
nothing.

Is that 
minimalist enough?

February 2025

About This Poem
I wrote this poem when I was trying different forms. The first stanza is made up of single words while the second is made up of two words (obviously) and the form was telling me it was minimalist. So, being confronted with a bit of writer's block with that form, I wrote this. The photo is from an artwork at the Museum of Glass in Corning, New York. It looks like a minimalist drawing, but since it is actually made of glass it probably is not so minimalist...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 250th Love about being American

250 In my previous blog (that got removed with the expiration of my work email) I started enumerating things I love about my country and bei...