Monday, January 26, 2026

Poem: Seeing Life Through


 

Seeing life through
Not natural
What will happen will happen 
With or without us
Does no good
Impatient rushing
Things are what they are
Believing I can’t go on
End it all
Or do this or that 
So wrong things happen
Senseless
Brings no peace
Makes it worse 
For ours 
Things will fall apart
Let it be

August 2024

About This Poem
I wrote this a year ago in August despairing a little about life and frustrated with how things seem to be going. Sometimes you try to do so much and nothing seems to come of it. That was how I felt, but I also know that I'm impatient and that things take time. I also take faith in the fact that things that take time may never happen until I'm completely out of the picture. This poem acknowledges that. The photo is a picture from a couple weeks ago when we got a dusting of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: Autumn Commotion

Autumn Commotion From sunshine we are bereft of the warmth As through the eaves you hear the commotion Endlessly moaning, the sounds of the ...